Japan is the 3rd biggest economy in the world and it registered in calendar year 2010 GDP of 6346.3 billion (according to data published by the Statistical Bureau) .
According to the latest official statistics Japan in 2012 registered a growth of 1.8 % over fiscal year 2011.
- Japanese workforce is higher educated , disciplined and motivated.
- Japanese workers are among the most productive in the world.
- It is one of the most modern and complete infrastructure : roads , highways , railways , airports , ports and telecommunications for the distribution of all types of goods and services.
- Investments in this area, maintenance projects and expansion of large-scale public facilities are in continue development.
- Agriculture provides three quarters of the population food needs. Japan must import 60 % of food.
- In recent years there has been a substantial increase in the area planted with fruit trees.
- In the zootechnical they grow mainly cattle and pigs. A mainly Japanese occupation is fishing, based on one of the most advanced fleets in the world with an impressive number of specialized ports ( 600 ) . Japan ranks 3rd in world fish production after China and Peru.
- Agriculture : crop rice, cane , tea , vegetables , fruit trees
- Sericulture : silkworm rearing
- The main industries in Japan are : the steel industry, chemical industry, textile industry machine manufacturing industy.
- Japan is heavily dependent on the import of building materials and fuel.
- Japan has a complex industry with a high-tech ( holding 60% of the world’s industrial robots ), which involves more than a quarter of the active population and contributes only slightly less to GDP. Top positions on global nonferrous metallurgy ( iron and steel) and nonferrous metals (especially aluminum and lead ) , electronic construct. ship (about a third of the tonnage allowed to water) , aurovehicule ( the largest manufacturer of cars , surpassed only by the U.S. ), wood , petrochemical, pulp and paper, telxtile , etc. .
- Large industrial concentrations are Keihin , Hanshin , Chukyo , Kitakyushu , but ind. is well represented in most urban centers. The leading companies are : Sony , Toshiba , Fujitsu , Nikon, Panasonic and Canon in electronics production , Toyota , Honda, Nissan and Mitsubishi automobile production ; Hitachi IT industry .
- Local and foreign investors have access to a wide range of banking products to financial institutions or local branches of foreign banks in Japan.
- Development Bank of Japan grant long-term loans.
- Besides lending programs for investment, Japan offers attractive incentives including depreciation of assets , deferred payment of fees for the purchase / upgrade of specific assets , the land tax exemptions and subsidies for construction and real estate ;
- All 47 Japanese prefectures offers credit programs starting from 750,000 USD and up to 3.75 million dollars to stimulate the involvement of companies in the local business.
- Average level of customs duties in Japan is now one of the lowest in the world , namely 3.6%
- Japan has increased the number of products exempt from import duty from about 3000 of the 7000 listed in the Customs Tariff.
- Most goods are “free important” to their import license is not required.
Population and economy
- Japan is located in East Asia, a chain of islands located between the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Japan , east of the Korean Peninsula in the North Pacific Ocean , consisting of four major islands , which represents a rate of about 95 % of the Japanese : Honshu ( 227 414 km2) , Hokkaido ( 78,411 km2) , Kyushu ( 42600 km2) şiShikoku ( 17,800 km2 ), plus numerous smaller islands .
- The Japanese market has a great absorption capacity is the second in the world in this regard after the USA.
- Acquisitions amounted Japanese population per capita annually over 8.000 USD.
- Japanese consumers are inclined to pay more for higher quality.